Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How being a wife and mother has changed me.



The holidays are all about family and as wife and mother of two it is my job to make holidays the best that they can be. I spent alot on my children and my husband for Christmas and did not leave much for myself. This my husband was not happy about. I was more than happy to do it! Why, because my job come from all of them on Christmas morning not from what I get. I don't really care if I get anything when they get something it feels like I got something because all I want is for them. I got my daughter a busy ball popper, I want one really bad! I got my son Chutes and Ladders, I want to play it with him! So see it all for me really it is things that I want them to have.

As a teenager most of us showed skin and alot of it. I am now a wife and mother. These means for one I do not want other men looking at me! If I am to cause someone else to sin then I have also sinned. So I am covering up. I am not going to show anything above the knee or more than a few inches below my neck. I am not going to hide everything I am just going to be conservative but stylish. Instead of shorts I will wear capri pants and no tank tops except with something over them. I feel that if I do not want the attention from men then I should do nothing to warrant it and if someone does look my way at least I have not caused it. This decision is also for my children because I want to be a respected member of the community and have them be proud of me when I should have to go to their school or anything else they are involved in.

To me personally I feel that in marriage my husbands roll is to go to work and mine is everything else. He is the head of the family I am the keeper of it. There must always remain an equal respect for each other. We both try to remember that a kind word will turn away a harsh. I do not mean that it is always peachy around, we do hash it out occasionally.But to much arguing will wear down on you and your relationship over time and you will be left with nothing but I shell of what used to be. The ultimate way to be happy in life is to be happy with your spouse. I used to hate the ground that he walked on. Now where he goes I go, I can not stand to be away from him.How did we get to this point? Mostly through sheer determination. We realized one day that we were all each other had and something had to give. We began in small steps. The first was that on payday we always go out to eat as a family even if that is just to McDonald's. Every couple of months my mil will watch the children and we go out to dinner by ourselves. Second we learned to talk to each other in a way that was respectful. Watching what you say and thinking before you talk. There is are something that would to funny to one but not the other. The biggest reason I think it was so important to us to change is that we realized that our children are watching us. They will look back and have us as an example in their future did we want them to see us tearing each other down all the time? WE wanted them to see us happy, and the only way to do that was to be happy. We are in this for life and that us all there is to it.Marriage takes alot of work mentally.Right now I am waiting on him to get him home and while writing this blog in my head I am thinking, it is our anniversary will he get me a card? Then telling myself that if he does not it is ok nothing to get worked up about because one small thing will end up ruining your whole day. I try must best to not nag too much but if I do he just kinda turns me into the teacher from charlie brown lol.


Well that's all for now, Well have to have coffee again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment