Saturday, December 19, 2009

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow........................


Finally a White Christmas! I live in Ohio we should have a white Christmas but this is going to be the first time in three years. I am so excited, now it feels like Christmas and looks like it too! When I woke this morning I went to the window and felt a little of that childhood excitement because it has snowed last night but on the other hand I would like to enjoy it from the inside. My son is dying to get out there in the cold stuff that is so beautiful. So now I am thinking to myself THIS IS SOOOO NOT IN MY CONTRACT! My husband laughed himself all the way to bud saying have fun. So I guess because of third shift I am going to have to put on my big girl panties ( not to mention thermal underwear and three layers on top of that) and brave the cold. So now I am sitting here thinking about weather this snow was a blessing or a curse lol. So I will layer up and take him out and then I am coming in to make gingerbread men and buckeyes. That is the part that I love about winter, the baking. Standing beside the WARM oven all day long now that sounds like a grand idea to me.

I will say a prayer tonight that everyone stays warm this winter, and at least has a friend to share the holidays with. May God truley bless everyone in this holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. I know the childhood feeling your talking about. It was wonderful standing on the balcony and just watching the snow fall around 2am. The morning was so silent and beautiful. I wish that moment would have never ended.

    ReplyDelete