Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Random Dozen

1. So I was thinking about how Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age much. His hair is smaller nowadays, but he still manages to look like a boy somehow. And then that made me think of the story of Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?
23 After I had my first son I lost so much weight I was smaller than I was in high school. After the second I was not so fortunate. There is just like an extra 15 pounds that do not want to come off.

2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)

Pizza pasta and corn casserole, no matter what pizza pasta will please everyone even though in this house I have to make two batches to please everybody .

3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?

Talk on the phone for about an hour about nothing and everything all at the same time. Hopefully that person has something to talk about to get my mind off of my own crap. Wow speaking of feeling blue right now I think that I am there , this week is not going well.

4. When was the last time you danced in public?

Many many moons ago lol.

5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?

Mostly realist but a little of both about a 70/30 split

6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?

Wow I thought this would be an easy question but now I have been sitting here for twenty minutes typing and deleting. I guess the answer would be to not be hard on my self. To always remember that no mother is perfect. I will never force my opinion on someone with children because everyone is different and that does not make them wrong. Sometimes everyone has an off day, not everything always has to go smooth, and the house does not always have to be perfect, and there is no perfect child so there for mine can not be either. I guess take everything with a grain of salt.



7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?

I would say Andy. he was always so fair and tried to see both sides and think things through.

8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?

Probably 3 I don't know much more than the basics.

9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from in side you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week’s questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?

Peole not watching what they are doing and coming into my lane on the freeway.

10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?

Black with a little red, and no.

11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?

A goldfish, just keeping on swimin and swimin round and round and round forgetting you have been there before. And there I elaborated on question number 10.

12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?

Feeding the baby and dishes. My baby girl is a slow drinker and 8 people plus three meals and multiple snacks , you do the math lol because I have to go do dishes.

3 comments:

  1. Hoping you are feeling better...be kind to yourself today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved 10 and 11. I never thought of a goldfish, but it would work around here sometimes too! Hope the red changes to sunny yellow soon. :)

    I feel your pain on dishes. That and laundry...do they multiply as soon as you turn your back. It's never-ending.

    I'm with Joyce...be kind to yourself today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eight people would certainly make lots and lots of dishes!

    Pizza pasta sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete