Friday, April 9, 2010

Doctor visits and going back to work after 4 years.

 First I will start off the doctor visit. Oh my goodness did my son ever through a fit yesterday when I was time for his shots. Usually he is perfectly fine and cries for about 2 seconds after the shot. Not this time, he was so upset from the time that we got to the doctors office until his shots were over. Maybe he is just getting older and knows what is coming. After it was all said and done he did not want to walk AT ALL. Saying that his leg hurt to much. In fact he just started  walking again this afternoon over 24 hours later.Jessie was fine through the  whole thing. She amazes me what a tough little booger she is.   A final note,  I am happy to report that both kids are healthy as can be. Jessie's iron was low, and instead of giving her the drops I just tried feeding her iron rich foods. Her iron went right up to where it was suppose to be.

  Secondly I am no longer a stay at home mom.  I have returned back to the working force in the form of Mcdonalds. At 25 this is not where I planned to be in my life and I am going through major guilt over leaving my kids everyday but I can't wait to begin getting paid. No matter how small I will be a big help to our financial situation. In a big way I am doing this for my kids. Sean will be able to go to the summer camp that we have been telling him about all winter. We will be able to keep our Y membership, and the bills will become easier to pay. I am honestly only adding about 1,000 dollars to our income a month but I can tell you it will be a drastic change for us. The best thing of all is I will be able to take the week off to go on vacation in September like we had planned, and we will be able to save the money to do it. I am also starting a little jar for the kids so that will be there spending money for fun things on vacation, or fun things we find to do this summer. Well tonight is my second night of work so I better get off here and gets somethings done before it is time to go. My time is so little right now but I am sure all the little pieces will fall together and we will get into some kind of routine soon.

2 comments:

  1. Shots are so hard for our little ones, and our big ones. I will be praying for you as you make your transition back into the work force. In this economy an extra $1,000 will go a long way. Blessings and peace to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quit work 1 year ago in February, just because I got sick of the day to day same old stuff going on. Thought I could get a job right away to replace the monthly take home I made. Big assumpsion on my part. By the end of July I had started babysitting children in my home and makeing only 1/4 of what I was, but you know what? Every little bit helps and when I think that I am not contributing that much I have to sit back and say to myself. We wouldn't be able to do some of the things we do without my (little bit), so congrats on returning to work and no amount is too little.

    ReplyDelete