Friday, April 16, 2010

When I got up today.....



When I got up today I thought it was like any other day. I got to sleep in so that would start off being a good day right? I got the kids there lunch. You may be thinking Lunch? I told ya I slept in lol. Anyways I did the dishes while they were eating and then ran some water in the sink to clean up my daughter who like to where pb&j a little to much. Anyways as I am bathing he I see something in her ear, I thought it was a scab! IT  WAS VERY MUCH NOT A SCAB! It was one of these

Do you know what this is ? Do you?

 This my dear dear people is a tick. My number one phobia in the world and I mean serious phobia is Ticks! They make me want to hyperventilate and pass out.  I back away from my dear sweet daughter and scream bloody murder for my husband. Who came running  and looked at me like I was an idiot when I told him what was wrong. What he did not know at the time was my fear. So I do what any insane sane person would do and call the doctor immediately like she was dying or something, They tell me I was right to call and to bring her in to make sure that she was not going to get Lyme Disease.  So we took her there and my husband has now figure out my fear by the fact I will not touch my daughter. I am not talking little fear, nope this is really big totally irrational fear. Then what does my husband do he decides to chase me around the waiting room with my daughter! So they removed the tick and guess what there is also poison ivy on her neck. You may be thinking this is crazy but I assure you this is true. Good news was it was not the type of tick you can get anything from. Thank you LORD!

Now you may be wandering where might a ten month old get poison ivy and a tick from. A tick that was in the fold of her ear for two days without being noticed. A tick that then made me strip search my son. Well Mommy and Daddy drove by some cool trails at the river and thought that it would be so cool to take the kids there. In a wooded area wearing shorts. Yes, I know, Thank you, I get the mother of the year award, right? Right?  Well, shoot am I supposed to think of everything? There was no dummy warning sign  saying, HEY TICKS IN HERE! But at least we had fun.


Anyways that is what happened when I got out of bed today.



4 comments:

  1. OMG, I heart dropped and I felt sick reading this. I would have screamed as well. I am thankful it was not a bad tick - although I think any tick is bad. And Poison Ivy? I hope it's not too bad. Don't fret, tomorrow WILL be a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got one off my 2 year old today...it really is unsettling, isn't it? Glad it all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes!! I think they are supposed to have signs saying there are ticks. I've seen signs before in areas where there might be ticks. I don't know how I would have handled that. Yuck! No, you're not a bad mother at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I would have been freaking out too! My son ATE poison ivy last summer in our backyard, and I was the one COVERED in it two days later. Thankfully it didn't effect him at all (other than having to be weaned ASAP so Mommy could take steroids to rid herself of the PI), but what a scare!

    ReplyDelete