Thursday, December 2, 2010

12 days of Christmas day 2

Christmas Traditions!

button




When I was little my mom had many traditions that went along with Christmas. One of my favorite ones was actually my Aunt's. All of the family came to her house on Christmas eve and she hired a  Santa to come every year, that night as we drove home everything always seemed so magical, I think I have spent my entire adulthood trying to reach that feeling on Christmas eve. In fact my son's second Christmas when he was 18 months I was up ALL night waiting for him to get up in the morning. 

    My children are not very old but I do have a few traditions. Leaving the Christmas tree lights on all night on christmas eve and then playing christmas music to wake everyone up in the morning ( which was one of my mom's also.)  Another one of my mom's that is continues is getting new pj's on Christmas eve. One I am doing over the years is to make sure that the children get a new ornament every year.

2 comments:

  1. What fun, magical traditions! I'm sure you make Christmas so special for your little ones! So glad you could join in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that must have been to have Santa visit each year! We give our children PJ's every year too. Something that was carried over from when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete