Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It that time again....... Hodgepodge!







Happy Holidays everyone if you would like to join the Hodgepodge Click here


1. What does it mean to have the 'holiday spirit'?


                Holiday Spirit is never letting go of that child like  excitement of the holidays. I don't let the shopping and everything else stress me. 

         
2. What sits atop your tree (s)? Why?

                        Right now there is a star on two trees and a sent hat on one. No reason really.

3. When was the last time you gave yourself a pat on the back?
           LAST NIGHT!!!!!  I cleaned out and reorganized the whole dang kitchen and it took allllllll day but    I               got  it done and it looks great and I even did a little baking while I was in there. I made white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies and buckeye. But alas I am not super woman the buckeyes have been in the fridge all night and need to be dipped still.

4. Which of your senses is most sensitive this time of year?
                              Ummm, I guess I would say eyesight taking in all the beauty of the season. I love going out driving and looking at the Christmas lights. I also love the inside of my house this year. There is Christmas no matter where you look here. I may do a tour of the house later this week.
                               
5. What do you have too much of in your kitchen?
         
                         Well you can definitely never have too much coffee but I have a brand new thing of coffee and that makes me very happy.  I have THREE sets of salad tongs unless I plan on having a salad party sometime soon I think that I may have too many.

6. What do you do for meals on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Big meal? Breakfast tradition? Open the cookie tins and have at it?

            Christmas eve. we usually have a big meal and then cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning, I think this year I may do homemade rolls. Then the rest of Christmas day it is just whatever.

7. What is the best thing about winter?

                   Big ol' snowstorms, when I am at home and don't have to go anywhere I LOVE THEM! It's both cozy and exciting at the same time.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

                              It is so cold outside the trash cans are like 2 ft. from my back door and i don't even want to go that far outside.

2 comments:

  1. How nice to have an organized kitchen this time of year! I laughed at your salad tongs answer...there are so many pretty ones out there. I may have more than a few too : )

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning and reorganizing an entire kitchen is definitely a reason for a pat on the back! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete