Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last Hodgepodge of 2010

            This is the last Hodepodge of 2010 .Thank  you Joyce for picking up right where the Random Dozen left off. If you would like to join in hop on over and see Joyce  at From This Side of the Pond, be sure to stop back to tomorrow and link up too.





1. Share your Christmas Eve traditions. 

 My kids are little so I don't really have all my traditions worked out yet but the game plan this year will be to have a big dinner of ham and mashed potatoes, then open our Christmas pj's and sit down and watch a Christmas movie with the kids. This year when they go to bed I have quiet a bit of assembly to do but I am so excited for them to wake up Christmas morning I doubt I will really get any sleep on Christmas eve which I think is becoming a tradition because I have done that since the Christmas my little boy was two I might get an hour or two of sleep but I a, usually way to wound up to sleep.

                 

2. What was the best book you read in 2010? (we're not going to include The Bible here)

                              The Bride of Peace by Cindy Woodsmall is the only book I read in 2010. I have just been to busy this year.



3. Do you have pets and if so do you allow them on the furniture?
                           No but my mom's dog come and sits on it does that count? I hope so because it drives me crazy lol.


4. What event from 2010 are you most thankful for?

                         That we all walked away from the car accident we were in, One person was injured and required a couple of surgeries but we all walked away with our lives and that is something to be very thankful for.


5. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before.
              
                  Put up my own Christmas tree. Every year circumstances have left us living with other people and all i really wanted for Christmas was to have my kids wake up to their own tree in their own living room!
                       

6. Brussel sprouts...friend or foe?


                                 Ick! I would rather not.



7. Who would you nominate for man/woman of the year?

                          I would nominate my best friend who in his life has overcame so many obstacles and somehow no matter what it takes pushes on and finds a way to keep going even when it seems like everything in the world is against him, sometimes it seems like he can't even take a breath before something slaps him in the face again but he shakes it off and keeps going. To meet this man he can put a smile on anyones face, he is truly amazing.


8. Insert your own random thought here.


                     Always smile and be nice to people you never know who's life you might change.
                                    

2 comments:

  1. The Bridge of Peace is one book that I meant to read this year, but I've read all her other books and she is one great author!

    I've been through a car accident myself (not this year, but it'll be a year on Christmas Eve), and the one thing I was most thankful was that no one was hurt. Cars can be replaced, but people cannot. I know you're very thankful. :o)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your random thought and the picture.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete